Wednesday, February 14, 2007

addendum 6.3.07: yes , an addendum at the top of the post, having re-read this after a month, I feel this post really needs a warning that it is a "bit much", even for me, so only read on if you're a "true blue" ...

Feb 14th


Here we are again. I can't believe it's been two years since they killed him and all those with him in that convoy. He wasn't perfect and like any human, he made mistakes, but nobody in their right mind can deny that this man loved his country and made a huge effort to pull it out of the pit it was in after the civil war.

I wonder what he would have thought of the state we are in now?

I haven't been watching future TV much lately mainly because I think they have lowered their standards down to those of the poisonous Manar, but today I switched it on and listened to a song where the lyrics included "I didn't tell you that I loved you" which may seem soppy but made me cry. About a couple of years before they killed him I saw him walking in down-town, he seemed very approachable with very little security detail then, but I didn't have the gumption to go up to him to say thank you for all he did for this country. I thought I would get the chance some day but I was not allowed that chance. I really regret not going up to him that day.

So here goes nothing: if there is any way you can hear me
....thank you.

No comments: